Friday, September 3, 2010

Day 5 - First Obstacle

A Test of Character

Well, I stuffed up today - yep I fell off the workout wagon.  I missed my workout. 

Why?  I have allowed things to get on top of me and didn't get home from work until midnight last night.  I am trying to do too much, and I wasn't keeping an eye on the time as I have nobody waiting for me when I get home.  Just me "batching" in the pub.  I had so much to do today (Friday) that I was back at work by 7.30 am to knock it over by a reasonable hour this afternoon - 5pm.  So I worked my bum off and got it all done.  I was hoping to get a workout done in the afternoon, but the gym shuts at 6pm today, so there was no chance after I drove 40 mins back to Blayney. 

I consider this one of those "emergency" situations that arise rarely.  So what will I do?  I had planned to take my rest day on Sunday, but that was it today instead.  I will be back into it again tomorrow. And Sunday.

And so I keep going.  And going.  And GOING.