Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Good morning !

Day 2 !

Just as well I went to bed early last night (22.30pm), because I found it very hard to wake up and get out of bed this morning.  The whole pub seemed to be taking things slowly.  Even the miners were quiet - and that lot sound like a herd of stampeding elephants at 5am every morning.

I found my windscreen was iced over yesterday, which made it very difficult to drive to the gym.  Well last night I was a bit clever - I put an old bath towel over the windscreen.  This morning I removed it in triumph; it's crystalline exterior sparkling beautifully in the stark moonlight.  My windscreen was clear !  Well, not for long.  It fogged up 50 metres down the road - no exaggeration - and then I made my mistake...  Yes, I used the windscreen washers.  Instantly my windscreen was totally frosted over.  I should have known better.

Workout at the gym went well.  I was feeling a little stiff & a tiny bit tender, but I was expecting this.
Warm up - walking 10 minutes
Gentle jog - 20 minutes
Cool down - walking 10 minutes

Calories expended - 562.

Feeling Before - a little tired & stiff (as expected).
Feeling During - Good
Feeling after - a little bit more tired & stiff (as expected)

Comment
The hardest bit will be the first few weeks.  I must exercise carefully, not too hard at the start, but ensure I keep going and going and going.  No excuses.  If I get too sore, I'll hit the bike or pool instead.